...these lanes are always open...

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Rock N Roll

I was raised to believe that doing the dishes involved rock n roll music. But not just any rock n roll, the music in it original concert volume deafening state.

This life-long moral so deeply ingrained, thrills my family to no end.

Riley is napping, Wade is trying to watch golf, its Sunday afternoon and there is a growing pile of dishes overflowing from the kitchen sink.

So here they come...The Donnas, The Waitresses, Cher, R.E.M., Rick Springfield, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Madonna, Rod Stewart, Steve Miller, Sheryl Crow, Roy Orbinson, Tom Petty, Ani Difranco, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Shins, The Ramones, The Libertines, John Cougar Mellencamp, Jon Bon Jovi, Grateful Dead, Iron and Wine, Eric Clapton, and so many more...

I know not all of these qualify as "Rock n Roll", but the term is so relative and all the above "artists" are my only tried and true friends. Their music quickly devolves the grease on my dishes and the ache of loneliness in my heart.

No comments: