...these lanes are always open...

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Books I Must Read Before I Die

I have started a personal book list of Books I Must Read Before I Die and if you have any title selections for me, I would be very interested. My current read is Me Talk Pretty One Day by the brilliantly witty David Sedaris.

I have seen a couple of good movies I would like to suggest. I have long awaited the arrival to DVD (I hardly actually make it to a theater) of A Love Song For Bobby Long and it was well worth the wait. One of the most flattering things a friend once said to me is that I remind him of hot babe, Scarlett Johansson. Ever since then I paying close attention to her career. Also, I have to say I very much enjoyed Finding Neverland. Of course, Johnny Depp is a hotty and Kate Winslet has come a long way from her Titanic days. I want to watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind over and over and over and over. Of course, not such a new one, but Garden State is still on my top 5 recent movies.

When I first moved to Portland, I was so bored and lonely that I started making "TOP 100" lists. My favorite 100 movies of all time, my favorite 100 books of all time (I honestly don't think I have read 100 books, because I am a recovering literary degenerate) and so on. I have seen (and liked) so many movies that I easily got to 100 and beyond. I am a little pickier now and you might be seeing some of those pretentious lists popping up on this very blog. Don't worry, I will start with a smaller number than 100.

Send me your favorite 10 books (or authors) and I will get to reading (as part of my recovery of course). One day at a time...

No comments: