...these lanes are always open...

Friday, October 07, 2005

Chicagoland Here I Come (Recap)

If you missed this email because I do not have a current email address for you, please email me your new address...If you did receive this email, sorry for the duplication. I wanted this to be documented here and I should have posted it last week, when I sent the message.

Hello Friends and Family,

For those of you who don't know and to update those of you who may have heard only a few details, we are moving to Chicago. Things have been so bad for the economy here in Portland it has been very hard for me and Wade to find work. I was offered a job in Chicago for an advertising agency (the same sort of work I did in Detroit before moving to Portland) by my former boss.

The salary and benefits are much more than anything I could expect to find in Portland, but we will miss Portland's overpowering beauty. Wade and I are both experiencing feelings of sadness to leave Oregon, where we met, fell in love, partied, bowled, had Riley, got married, lived in some great apartments and houses (and some not so great ones too) and built our lives together. Yet, we are both excited as well. A fresh start in a new city seems to be just what we need.

I am flying to Chicago Saturday morning (yes, THIS SATURDAY, Oct. 1st) and begin work on October 3rd. I will stay with friends who live close to the new job. Wade and Riley will stay behind and take care of packing or selling/donating the rest of our belongings, while I search for an apartment for us all to live in. If the apartment search goes well, Wade and Riley will fly out around November 1st and we will all move into our new home.

We will be traveling very light, so if you had a package ready for Riley's birthday, please wait until the beginning of November and we will give you our new address. If you want to send Riley something on his actual birthday, please make it small, light and easy to move (maybe gift cards for Amazon, Target, Old Navy or Toys 'R' Us). Wade, being a single parent for a month, will need a lot of help. Anything you can do, from a phone call to stopping by to watch Riley, will be greatly appreciated.

As always your love and support are greatly appreciated. We sadly say goodbye for now to our friends and family in Portland and are thankful to be close to another group of friends and family in and around Chicago. We are truly blessed with so much.

My phone number is 503-515-2008
Wade's phone number is 503-740-1101
Our address in Portland is:
1236 NE 112th Avenue
Portland, OR 97220
This is my new personal email address. I will no longer be with Comcast.

If you need more contact information, give one of us a call.

Love,
Eva

No comments: