...these lanes are always open...

Sunday, October 30, 2005

So Few Good Midwest Songs

"Have I got everything? Am I ready to go?
Is it going to be wild, is it gonna be the best time?
Or am I just saying so? Am I ready to go?
What do I hear when I say I hear the call of the road?

I think it started with driving, more speed, more deals, more
sky, more wheels
More things to leave behind, now it's all in a day for the
modern mind
And I am traveling again
Calling this a ghost town, and where is the heartland?
And I'm afraid, oh, was there any good reason, that I had to go
When all I know is I can never come back.
"

1 comment:

ben said...

I saw Dar in New Jersey with TJ.

She seemed tired. The theater was half empty.

It was a little bit sad.

But, even with a cold, she rocked out. (Did I see her once in SF? I forget. I think so.)

I'd go again, even with TJ, who doesn't dance. :-)