...these lanes are always open...

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Computer Error Messages

I would love to have a computer that taked shit to me. The error messages of Windows and even more so on a Mac are complete useless anyway, so they might as well be funny.

While working on my Greyhound Memoirs, I concluded that the ideal way to get into the same mind set of being a three day Greyhound journey would be to drink to the point of being slightly toasted. Sometimes this plan failed in one of two ways. Either I was not drunk enough or too drunk (more usually the later). Being drunk as a lot in common with the bus riding experience, but being very drunk is a little too happy a place to relate. Riding a Greyhound is more like being hungover than being drunk, but that is not a feeling I ever strive to achieve.

My saying became "Not Enough Booze in The System to Complete Download". Now why can't my computer come up with things like that to tell me when it doesn't want to cooperate? If it is going to be a moody bitch, the least it can do is have a sense of humor about it. That is how this moody bitch tries to be anyway.

No comments: