...these lanes are always open...

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Greyhound Memoirs #16

A LITTLE ANI FOR THE ROAD
5/18/01 12:40pm MST

I remember my first time
riding on a Greyhound bus
A man put his hands on me,
soon as night fell.
I remember when I was leaving
how excited I was.
I remember when I arrived
I didn’t feel so well.

I wish I wasn’t so nice. Because there are a lot of situations where nice gets you deeper in trouble. I am nice because I was raised that way, but I am also tough enough to get out of any bad situation I’ve ever been in.

Girl, next time he wants to know
what your problem is.
Girl, next time he wants to know
where the anger comes from.
Just tell him this time,
the problem’s his.
Tell him the anger just comes.

I wish my anger came at the right time and I knew how to express it. I wish being cute wasn’t such a damn burden.

I have my own set of seats, away from Jose now.

No comments: