...these lanes are always open...

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Greyhound Memoirs #10

BOOK REVIEW
5/17/01 5:10pm CST

It’s very clever, this book. I think it’s definitely shaping my writing (as all books do). I like the second story much better than the first. Basically 1) the first is written in journal and inner voice style and that in itself is pretty hard to write without being cheesy, 2) the first section was about drug addiction, which is something I have a fascination with but no real connection. It sort of seemed like neither did Leah and the second section is about sex and relationships and we all know that’s something I love to talk (and write) about.

The whole book is about Hollywood life, I guess, I mean I’m not done yet. Maybe I need to live in L.A. Irving claims everyone he knows who has lived in L.A. turns out funnier and wittier than they were before living there.

Jose isn’t a great example. He was showing me articles about video game systems. Made me feel like I was in third grade again. But really, how have things changed? Boys and their toys, as I always say. I bailed out of the clubhouse gang a few years ago, now I can’t stand their world. I’m not gonna be a woman much longer, no worries.

No comments: