...these lanes are always open...

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Greyhound Memoirs #11

FIRST NIGHT OF NO SLEEP
5/17/01 6:55pm CST

Is Iowa still central time? I guess it probably is. I just ate the best Wendy’s spicy chicken sandwich I’ve ever had in my life and I’ve had quite a few.

I’m not looking forward to sleeping sitting up right next to Jose (who sings bad pop songs to himself) and on a bus with constantly crying babies.

Ben’s coming to see me Memorial Day weekend. “Never.” That’s all I could tell him when I called him from Nebraska, never again. I haven’t even made it a third of the way. But I still have a few hundred dollars, so that’s good.

It’s nice to look down at the people in their cars. Not in a grand way, just a different perspective, it’s nice to have that once in a while. Just a few more hours of light.

No comments: