...these lanes are always open...

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Greyhound Memoirs #15

SEXUAL MISCONDUCT
5/18/01 11:02am MST

Everyone has heard a hundred stories about someone who “did it” on a bus or airplane. This is not one of those. I can't say people weren't having sex on any of the buses I rode across the country, but I never noticed any hanky panky and I surely didn’t partake in any myself.

Turns out Jose was dishonorably discharged from the Navy for seven counts of sexual misconduct, all on the same day.

We’re finally out of Nebraska.

There is a black woman on the bus who has her seven kids with her, she’s pregnant and smokes. I’m trying not to be a snob, I’m not trying to judge, that’s not working very well. My life could be much, much worse.

I called Kate and my dad from the last stop. They seem like they did when I left. I have to keep remembering that was only yesterday. Feels like weeks to me.

No comments: